Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Way too much time

Mar. 28, 2006 - Way too much time...

has been spent today pouring through blogs of various sorts. I am completely facinated by the variety of stuff I've found. I was even up until after midnight last night just wandering aimlessly through the random blog button! I can tell, this is going to be addictive ... and I'm going to have to move the computer. It's in the library upstairs, right outside my son's room. At about 12:30, his sweet voice(you know, the voice that reminds you of when they were 3) quietly whispered through the night ... "Mommy(at 10, he never calls me that before 12am or after 6am unless he's sick) ... if God knows everything and He knew Adam and Eve would sin and sin separates us from God and brought death into the world ... well, why did God even make Adam and Eve?" That's a heck of a question anytime, but after 12, in the stillness of the midnight I was drawn into one of those precious conversations that imprint memories on your heart. It reminded me that I need to take more time to listen ... more time to ask questions ... more time to answer questions ... and more time to snuggle at the end of the day. That's when these conversations used to happen. A couple of years ago, I knew to treasure the end of the day routine because it was the only time 10 yo son and I had together. I was working, he was in public school ... that routine has changed as we are together 24/7. But it's still the quiet of the night when the heart speaks(isn't it like that for us too??). I don't know if I completely answered his question ... but I know this, our hearts connected. And that, is priceless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home