Monday, December 3, 2012

Let the countdown begin

December 1, 2012


 
This matter of providence is an interesting topic. One in which we can find ourselves pondering over intently ... without direction on exactly what we hope to accomplish ... or we can just wander aimlessly through our days thinking our steps, decisions, condition, circumstances and past are all random acts having little or nothing to do one with the other.
But a few times in my life when I have found that providence is the only explanation for the something good that came out of something so hard, transforming Romans 8:28 in my reality. And can I just tell you- good is such a diluted word compared to what really came out of the hard that it shows itself as an amazing God story.

I'm fixated on this God story idea because, well, I believe there is power in telling the things that He's done. The world is FULL-RUNNING OVER-INFATUATED with what the enemy is doing. He gets play time in the media all the time. And honestly, in my own life, there are seasons where I think my attitude, my conversations, my walk give the enemy far too much play time as well.

So in this advent season, I want to look for the God story. Because here's the deal- there are some big things that you have to believe that only God could do to really fully buy into the whole Christmas experience. A Virgin Birth? A baby is born 100% God, 100% man? Jesus is the Word made flesh? I have no idea where you get hung up in this God thing ... those three were not biggies to me. I remember drinking red kool-aid and eating little iced oatmeal cookies in 'Gramma Beale's Sunday School Class' when I was three and my world was crumbling around me ... and it never entered my mind to doubt those 'details' of God. I do, on the other hand, know that my hang ups have come in the details of me. Of my life. Of my sin. Of believing that He will really work all things together for my good. Don’t you wonder if Mary questioned how this would work for her good? An unplanned, non-traditional pregnancy? Wanting desperately for her family and the ones who loved her to assume the best of her in a circumstance where the best was unbelievable. It required everyone involved to look beyond the circumstances and see God.

Such faith costs … Can you imagine the cost for Mary? Her family? Joseph and his family? Friends?

Today, where do you need to see God in a circumstance which seems unbelievable? Or worse, unredeemable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home