Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's late ... Its raining ...

Mar. 31, 2006 - It's late, it's raining ... what could be better!I love rain ... I really love all kinds of water ... waves, waterfalls(I visited smallworld twice today just to look at Bald River Falls again), rushing rivers, trickling streams, the sound of the aquarium in my bedroom, fountains ... but I love nothing more than driving rain! Somehow it covers all the everyday noise ... the noise in my head(and there is always noise in my head!) ... After today, I could use something to cover the voices of insanity! Voices of people who are angry, illogical, insensitive, uncaring, childish... and especially those who are just mean. There's not even a creative spin to put on it, just old fashioned mean. People I need to find a way to pray for, find a way to speak kindly to when I see them ... I mean they nearly drove three very sound women to seek dentists this evening(Sarah, I hope you're reading this!)! Something has to give! For now, I accept this driving rain as God's gift to me. I'll close my eyes and listen to the water wash over my soul, washing away the day, the voices, the intensity ... replacing it with His Joy, His Peace, His Promise and His Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home