Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nov. 17, 2007 - ABC's of Thankfulness ... numbers 71-97 ... and 3 extra to make 100.A- Atticus ... he makes me laugh everyday!B- Butterflies ... make me want to welcome changeC- Cartoons ... remember Saturday morning cartoons, everything was clearly make-believe and the most serious of the bunch was Johnny Quest?D- Deviled Eggs ... hmmm... I might have to add that to my menu sometime next weekE- Extreme Weather ... screaming wind, blowing snow, driving rain (scorching heat I can live without)F- Football ... hard-hittin' slobber knockin' footballG- Gum ... Especially Eclipse Lemon IceH- Harry Potter movies ... please don't send me hate mailI- Ice from Sonic (or anywhere else that has pellets instead of cubes or chunks)J- Jesus Loves Me ... I love this simple little song packing such a punch of truthK- Kelly ... she makes me laugh harder than AJ!L- Laughter ... it is wonderful medicineM- Moments where hearts open and fellowship abounds!N- Nothing on the schedule ... need I say more?O- Ober Gatlinburg in JanuaryP- Pink ......... gotcha!!!!! ... not pink ... purple, well, not purple so much either ... pickles, yeah, I like picklesQ- Quiet silence ... you know the kind where everyone you love is under one roof, sleeping soundly, joy floods every cell in your body and time stands stillR- Reading late into the nightS- Sweatshirts ... gray, grungy, ratty ones are my favorites ... nothing in pastels with small forest creatures on them pleaseT- Talking with friends ... over coffee, huddled on a couch, on the beach, next to the pool, on the phone (There's a Dr. Seuss book in there somewhere)U- Uninterrupted sleep ... mmmmmmV- Vermont Country Store fliers ... fun stuffW- Wrinkles ... might as well be thankful, they don't seem to be going anywhereX- Extra Cheese on my pizza ... on my burger ... on my eggs ... you get the pictureY- You for reading all the way to the bottom ... stop and go make breakfast for your familyZ- Zero outstanding balances on credit card bills ... peace. 98. A morning to sit and blog, drink coffee and breathe deeply99. Sunrises ... His Mercies are new every morning100. Nights at the beach ... a object lesson in how big God is and and how small I am ... the ominous roar that comes from the darkness that lies ahead, making me tremble with fear, yet filled with anticipation. Something so pure and so honest comes through in those memories that they seem like 'Holy Ground' moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home