Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A New Song

Some of my most important moments seem to happen at Cracker Barrel. It is not one of my favorite places, but it is infinitely dependable. There will be small tables, there will be dim lighting, generally speaking it is warm ... and the coffee flows freely in the midst of conversation that begs to have more than a fleeting moment. I'll be honest, I haven't been a part of many conversations lately that have permitted lingering. My new teaching schedule has taken it's toll on just hanging out.
As yesterday approached, I asked the Lord to confirm in me three things ... That I am supposed to write something for Him ... That in this time of growth spiritually I can trust the new eyes I have been given ... the third thing is a little more difficult to structure in the form of a sentence, but it has to do with value and a place and a purpose. As we exchanged smiles and a cursory explination of my original question, a precious servant of the Lord began to speak over me things I had laid before the Lord. I didn't prompt answers with questions ... any frustration or concern came as confession laying every bit of responsibility at my own doorstep ... I exposed my need to please man instead of God ... and somehow in the course of my own confession, she spoke life into my soul.
This morning I didn't wake with a song reminding that I am not forgotten by God, that He has my best interest at heart or that He is with me ... when I laid my head down last night I was confident of those things. This morning ... at 4am ... and 5am ... and again at 6am ... I woke with this song in my heart ...Be thou exalted Jesus Forever ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home