Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oct. 9, 2008 - Book Meme
I’ve seen this series of questions floating around the ‘net the last few days, and thought it looked like a good one for us!
What was the last book you bought?
Beneath the Pines by Janet Beard
Name a book you have read MORE than once
To Kill a Mockingbird

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
yes ... there are so many ... The Bible being the most obvious, Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy being the least obvious and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers the most profound
How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
I go looking for books upon recommendation ... but sometimes I buy a book (at a used bookstore) because I feel some sort of connection with the words the minute that I take it in my hand.
Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction that isn't too out of the realm of possibillity.
What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
a beautifully written, gripping plot
Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
Angel in Redeeming Love
Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
Beneath the Pines, Fair is the Rose, The Lies Women Believe, Jesus the One and Ony
What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
Beneath the Pines (okay, I have 10 pages to go ...)
Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
I've put a book down in the middle, but I usually go back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home