Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oct. 2, 2008 - Things that make me happy ...
BooMama has a list of things that make her happy ... Loved that this morning as I try to re-focus on finding the Joy of the Lord in every day.
So ...
Things that make me happy ...
1. the moment that the sun breaks over the mountains (literally or figuratively)
2. when a sleepy boy still wants a back scratch
3. making my husband a lunch that I know will fill his stomach, reduce the stress on his wallet and contains something he wasn't expecting
4. phone calls that stretch across states and connect hearts (even if face to face would make me happier)
5. that feeling following prayer when you've purged your heart and a weight has been lifted
6. dinner and coffee with friends
7. FALL ... finally, my gray sweatshirt is able to make an appearance
8. a cup of tea with my son
9. friends who share laughter and tears
10. laundry that is done, folded and put away
11. cold sheets occupied by warm hearts
12. the promise of a date with my husband
13. music that leads me into worship, even if I'm cleaning the toilet
14. "light bulb moments" when we're trying to learn a new skill
15. people who want to be known
16. basketball season (actually ... pre-season, season, post-season, off-season ... it's an illness)
17. hot soup and warm bread
18. the feeling when my favorite house guests are about to arrive come home- it's the same feeling that I used to get when I was young and trying to go to sleep before Christmas morning ... I had no idea what was going to happen, but I knew it was going to be great.
19. knowing that I've helped a kid work through an issue
20. AJ and his friends in my Jeep
21. camping in the fall or spring ... winter isn't bad either
22. knowing my husband is coming home
23. completing a project (why don't I do this more if Iike it so much ... hmmm)
24. did I mention my gray sweatshirt???
25. the memory of the ocean crashing against the beach ...
26. baked sweet potatoes
27. babies who are just learning to talk
28. new tennis shoes (New Balance please)
29. books that captivate me for a time
30. biscotti ... I think it's about time for a batch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home