Sunday, May 2, 2010

I can't remember the last time ...

i slept until 9:30 ... especially when I was in bed before 10 the night before.

When Randy woke me at 6 this morning and asked what time do you want to get up- he claims I was emphatic that I planned to sleep until noon. It felt good to wake when my body chose to wake instead of allowing a wretched buzzer to dictate when I have 'rested enough.'

When I woke I read two chapters of the new Francine Rivers book ... loving it but rarely find time to read. Took a loonnnggg shower - and really, I didn't even want to go downstairs. I knew that life would kick in when I took step 13 and hit the tile floor- and then there would be breakfast to fix, dishes to clean up, lunch to be considered and laundry to do.

I wonder sometimes if I am such a poor manager of my time that I end up in such a rush. I have friends who seem to manage to do multiple activities, their house is clean, their laundry is caught up, their husband content and their kids manage to have their projects done a week ahead of time (seems there should be a Garrison Keillor sighting soon) ...

Not me- my laundry looks like it's been exploded out of a cannon throughout my house ... there are dishes in my sink from breakfast, I mopped yesterday but who would ever know and I have no idea what we're having for lunch or supper-and I guarantee that my guys will want both!

Consequently, I am already tired again. Something is going to have to go. If I'm going to try to re-enter the classroom next fall- I've got to figure out how to streamline life. How to say no ... I've gone through seasons like this before. Seasons where I'm expending more than I'm taking in ... and it ends badly everytime. Exhaustion/Shutdown/Disconnect ...

I'd like to do it better this time.

So tomorrow after Biology- if it isn't raining- I'm going to ride my bicycle. Even if it's inconvenient for someone else. Even if it means someone else has to wait. Even if it means lunch is later than preferred.

1 Comments:

At May 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, Amy! I hope you find that time for yourself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home