Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm not sure why today ...

but as i sat at the baseball field I felt time slipping away ...

I was innundated by memories of my little boy on every field(or court or pool or whatever) of dreams we'd ever taken him to ...

I realized anew that next year, that little boy that I carried (key music to Sunrise, Sunset) would wander into life as a high schooler.

It remains to be seen whether or not he'll remain homeschooled or the Lord will open a different door for us ... but there was a pull at my heart that I didn't recognize

Before, it has been a pull to draw him nearer, to make more memories, to do more things together ... hunker down, as the old midwestern saying goes.

This time, the pull that I felt was as if something was being drawn right out of the very center of my body-

as if I were taking a part of myself out and handing it over to someone.

1 Comments:

At April 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM , Blogger LaDonna said...

I feel your pain...last spring it was watching Justin walk down that isle in cap and gown, and now we're preparing for college at the end of this summer! Feels like my heart is being ripped out of my body. Your boy is a great kid, you've done an amazing job, and he will be an AWESOME high schooler!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home