Friday, June 4, 2010

Just for the record ...

you must be asking yourself ... as I so often do ...

Who the heck is proofreading for this woman?!?!

Well, for the record. No one. I've stopped proofreading what I write before I post it. It's often at least a day before I even attempt to see how the words "looked on" on the page. Pros and cons- but in the end, my post box is full of stuff that I wrote, edited over and over and then never felt like it met the standard ... and so I would become overwhelmed by the task of making it perfect ... afterall, the subject matter here isn't perfect. SOOOOOO ... I'm not running spellcheck. I'm not checking to see if I've used the right word because I then get caught up in wondering "was it really the best word" ... and I have no ability to stay within the boundaries for starting this blogging adventure once again. That means no more than one hour in front of the screen ... and preferably just 30 minutes! Not because I don't love it but because I get sucked into it far too readily!

As I rode my bike this morning (i forgot my iPod) ... I was thinking about this notion of leaning in ... the following challenge came to mind ...

what if I leaned into life with such intensity, listening with my spiritual ears tuned into the needs around me ... how in the world would I ever have time to listen to the lies the enemy is trying to make me believe about myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home