Saturday, June 5, 2010

when I took the time to lean in ...

I heard a friend say "I'm lonely" ... and was able to respond in kind

I heard a graduating senior cry out that she does not know which way to turn, nor does she think anyone really cares ... and I was prompted to begin praying in earnest for the Lord to draw her to Himself- or the consequences will be tragic.

I heard my husband say that he thinks I don't believe in him ... and so I will make a more concentrated effort to make sure he knows I do

I heard an old friend say, "I'm not sure how to respond to you and therefore I'm going to distance myself" ... and I was able to allow that to happen graciously

I heard the laughter of boys ... and it made my heart leap

I heard the Father say ... his words aren't true no matter how loudly they were spoken. They don't match up with who I say you are ... leave them behind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home