Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yesterday ...

I am so thankful that my worth is not determined by the actions on any one given day ... yesterday started out rough- with failures noted all around.

And it seemed to just spiral into a day where there were too many demands on time and not enough hours to complete what needed to be done ... never mind the fact that when I wasn't in the car I was moving and my mind running on overload from the time my feet hit the floor @ 5am and didn't stop until sometime after midnight ... I never really stopped.

No quiet time.

That's what I can not do without.

But where does it fit?? I need time to talk to Jesus- when I don't have that I begin to measure my worth with the wrong measuring stick. The words of others ring far too true to my own ears because I see the faults too- and not through His Blood. I see them through eyes that look on the outside rather than the inside ... that look on the product rather than the effort ...

they don't see me, they see who they want me to be based on what they need from me that day.

I need time with Jesus.

He's the only one who sees who I am in Him-
and who I'm trying to become.

'cause I see the faults and the failures too. But I'm trying to see them as the tools He uses to make me who He wants me to be - not the things I've been cloaked with to make you crazy.

I need time with Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home