Saturday, September 25, 2010

You probably aren't like me ...

thinking that God isn't God enough to come through on the big stuff. But I confess that I often land there ... doubting He cares. Doubting that He will do something. Doubting that in the end if I am looking for something that He is more of that something than anything else I could fill myself with ...

I was the cook at middle school retreat this week and I was reminded as I sat and listened that anything you esteem as being more whatever you fill this blank in with____________________ ... is sin. And that makes my heart hurt with that realization.

So after everyone had gone to bed, I wandered back to the assembly all and in the dim light of the moon and the soft glow of the emergency light I asked the Lord to remind my heart of all the things He is that I've been trying to find somewhere else ... and He was faithful, quickly this time.

When I long for assurance ... He is there.

When I search for something beautiful in my life ... He is the Most Beautiful.

When I my wandering mind and eye is searching for something creative ... He is the most High Creator.

When I want someone to be my Dad ... He is the most loving Daddy of all.

When I am feel like there is never enough ... He is Enough.

When I yearn for friendship ... He is the greatest Friend.

When my life requires grace ... He is the most Gracious.

When my body and mind reach for healing ... He is The Great Physician.

When I am drowning in my own indecision ... He is the Only Wise God.

When I am desperate for justice ... He is the Most Just!

When my heart needs kindness administered to its ache ... He is the Most Kind!

When my loneliness demands attention ... He is Most Able to Love me.

When my sin requires mercy ... He is the Most Merciful of all!

When my need goes deeper than words can reach ... He is the Best Listener and hears the groanings of my heart.

When I am overwhelmed by my circumstances ... He is the Most Overwhelming One!

When I am in need of pursuit ... He is the Most Passionate Lover.

When I seek restoration ... He is The Restorer of Everything- without the hindrance of human processes!

When I need a Savior ... He is Mighty to Save.

When my overactive mind thinks ... He is the Master Teacher.

When I feel that my past seems unredeemable ... He is the Great Redeemer.

When I sense that my life lacks victory ... He is Victorious!

When I am wandering ... He is Everywhere.

When I need a supernatural X-ray to see the depths of my soul ... He Sees the deepest need in the hidden places.

When my soul yearns for significance ... He Signifies what was and is and is to come!

When I feel that there is none zealous for me ... He is the Most Zealous for everything that I am.

I need a God who IS ... because the longer I look and the harder I search and the more I try ...

the more I realize I simply am not capable.

I can not do this life on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home