Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jer. 32:38-39

One of the most powerful things I have ever learned in Bible Study is that prayer is vital ... and God'sWord has power ... AND when you join the two it's like dynamite!

Explosive power.

So when I chose Jer 32:28-39 as my first memory verse I was compelled.

I will be their God and they will be my people. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. NIV

Because if I really humble myself and pray this scripture for myself ... wow ... what am I asking for ... but today, I pray it because Oh Lord Jesus, I need it!

It went something like this ... I will be Amy's God and she will be my daughter. I will keep life such that she will always keep her heart and actions fixed upon me ... so that she will fear me for her own good ... and for AJ's good who will come after her. 


What would I endure so that my example would be one that my son would fear the Lord and know Him as  HIS GOD ...

Oh Lord, please help me to walk this road well, so that as AJ follows after me, he would know/ trust/ believe ... encouraged by my walk, not in spite of it. Oh Lord, whatever it takes ... Be my God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home