Monday, January 3, 2011

It's a new year ...

and I'm trusting Him for a few new beginnings.

A new Word ... I've started the Siesta Scripture Memory Team w/ Beth Moore ... and I know it's a new day because I don't do scripture memory well ... and I almost have these two completely new verses down! That is something only God could do ... I can't tell you what a block I've had about being able to memorize. It's the weirdest thing. But by the 15th - Jeremiah 32:38-39 will be mine!

A new Vision ... I'm starting a new ministry with our church. Please pray with me that I will clearly hear HIS voice! This is an exciting time. It will absolutely require that I hear His voice clearly, obey without question or delay ... and risk the possibility that this could stretch me in ways I have not weighed out!

A new Marriage ... Yesterday I saw something I have only seen one other time ... my man raised his hands in worship. Now, I'm not a legalistic or fanatical about the whole hand raising thing. It isn't that I'm standing back and if you came to church with me I be silently saying in my mind, "well, she didn't raise her hands, she must not feel the spirit/be a Christian/love the Lord" ... But here's what it means to me when I raise my hands ... the chains that kept me in bondage have been lifted ... I am not longer held captive by them ... I honor and thank the one who Removed them ... All I have is yours. It is an outward sign of inward surrender. And I pray that this year will be filled with moments where my fella knows what it's like to be released from that thing that hold him captive.

A new Adventure ... Our family really wants to serve on a mission trip to Nicaragua. We have a heart for missions ...it's just who we are as a family. We serve. But a foreign mission will stretch our already tight because we are paying for Christian School budget to the limit. So we are trusting God that if it is where we are to go ... He will make a way. AND ... if nothing else, my plea is that he will at least get Randy there!


There are no fewer than 10 other things I'm trusting Him for this New Year ... health, financial provision, healing in family relationships are among them ... but really, when I get excited about what's to come this next year ... the events are the ones I've listed above. The other things involve other people ... and well, just because I choose to publicly display my stuff doesn't mean I'm going to expose "our" stuff. So ... here's to new beginnings. And a few to be continued items.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home