Tuesday, January 27, 2015

All Ya Gotta Do

"All ya gotta to is go pick it up."

Those words have been text to my son DOZENS of times since he left for college. I love sending small things in the mail ... just so he knows I'm thinking about him.
Clearly, this practice is more for me than for him. And seriously, you would have thought that I would have gotten the message when he came home from school with most of the things I sent last fall ... were unopened.

And honestly, I was beginning to think that maybe I had developed an unhealthy need to send things (no I'm not joking) ... until this morning ... because the Lord used this picture to.show me two completely separate truths ... the first is about female friendships ... and that one is going to have to marinate a bit longer before the words escape ...

but the other, really important truth is that this is so OFTEN how we (i) approach the Lord. He desires us, fights for us, gives us good gifts ... and we don't even acknowledge them ... and further still ... He became the perfect gift ... and we are too busy, preoccupied and distracted by this world ... to just go pick up our garment of praise, our robes of righteousness, our holy armor ... the things we really need to do life effectively.

So I don't know if my need to send will be satisfied with this realization before ... but I'm guessing that my texts will be a reminder. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home