Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jan. 16, 2009 - Why am I up at 3am ...
because my son can't sleep ... probably because he's got a cold, slept all day (except for doing math and reading) and now, well, he's insulted but he's like a 3 month old who has his days and nights mixed up ... that happens too much around here. don't know the solution, but anyway ...
since I'm refusing to turn on the tv for him ... I thought possibly i would lull him to sleep with the tapping of keys on the keyboard ...
I'm in the grip of a Facebook Frenzy ... I've found several long lost friends lately and it's been fun to catch up with them. One of the side effects of this newfound hobby is that I find it hard to construct sentences with much depth ... I think in Facebook terms, sort of 3rd person-ish ... Amy is ... or Amy was ... or Amy has been ... today I wondered if I should write Amy is a has been ...
Nevertheless ... looking into the small window of lives that were at sometime connected to mine in various ways has been, well, interesting to say the least. I know who looks better, who looks worse, who cares, who doesn't, who married, who divorced, who is bitter and who who is blessed ... at least I can construct a story (fact or fiction, who knows) from the picture and snippet they give on their wall ... if you do the FB thing, don't you find yourself wanting to ask "why do you want to tell me that ..." or "why is that significant enough to go on your wall" I always want to be clever ... and yet I read other FB entries and see that they share very, very personal things ... one fella advertised the yard sale that his ex-wife is having in Indiana this Saturday (temp is supposed to be below zero) and encouraged friends to go and buy everything really cheap so that they could settle quickly ... uhhhh ... yeah, I think he's bitter.
So tonight, sleep deprived but unable to sleep - here's my status updates ...
Amy is ...
tired,
ready for spring if it isn't going to snow,
loving having the stereo downstairs,
thankful for a husband who works harder than anyone I know,
has a sore throat,
is missing some real friends she's neglected because of her FB frenzy,
wants potato soup for supper,
experimenting with a hundred different uses for Pat's Yeast Roll recipe,
hoping AJ feels better for the ball game,
doubts AJ will get to play airsoft this weekend,
sorry,
memorizing Psalm 73:26,
glad that the biscotti is gone
studying Esther,
tired of te cold - did I say that already,
hoping that this spiritual funk won't last long,
craving a big ole real Coke,
wondering if Ms. magazine thinks that saying Obama is a feminist is a good thing,
considering writing short story,
has a headache,
wonders why her family of origin seems so foreign to her,
wants to buy new socks,
loves playing Wii,
WHAT I WANT MY STATUS TO BE ...
amy is ...
rested
prayed up
secure in her relationships

CONTENT.
We'll see what tomorrow (or later today rather) brings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home