Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dec. 15, 2008 - I've been searching for something to kick me out of this slump ...
I can't write ... I don't want to talk on the phone (texting short, meaningless messages hasn't been impacted) and have meaningful conversations ... I can't really connect over miles or blocks or even the space of a pillow ...
before you think i'm suicidal or something- don't panic. Not that all ten of you who still bother to read would constitute a panic ... however ... I think this morning I found the question, even if I don't have the answer ... it was the title of another blog that I didn't even read ... I just plagiarized the title ...
Often we don’t know why God is doing what he’s doing.
And I'd really like to know ... I'd like to know the why ... and the what ... and the when will He be easing up?? Somehow, I sense that the answers to those questions are not coming soon. Or wrapped with a Christmas bow.
Or maybe the answer was wrapped in a simple little blanket, in a simple little barn, to a simple little mom and dad, who believed in a great big God.
Even in the midst of knowing this, the question in my heart that has neared a state of longing over the past month, lingers. Not invasive or imposing darkness, just demanding a measure of attention - and I find myself shooing it away like a pesky fly on a hot summer day. I don't want to be quiet enough for it to catch me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home