Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oct. 27, 2008 - My Playlist
I love music. I think it's a ironic that I would have zero rhythm, I can only sing if you're listening with ears of love and the only things I can play are the radio, stereo in my car (most important feature) and my Ipod. I'm pretty good with my Ipod though ... and it brings me more joy that any 'thing' I own besides books. I can take TV or leave it (okay, I love a good basketball game or a great football game) ... but everyday I have to have a music fix.
I regularly change my playlist to fit the activity that I'm involved in ... example:
4-wheeling Playlist:
I Walk the Line - I keep a close watch on this heart of mine ... to make sure it's beating before and after each ride
Honky Tonk, Badonkadonk - it's stupid, degrading song, but I was trying to se a mood, to do the thing, I had to be another person. There's not really a lick of badonkadonk in me!
Redneck Woman - ditto the last song, except that by the time this song would come on, I pretty much needed to believe I was a redneck woman to complete the task at hand
Amazed - I was often amazed that I was even on one of those stupid machines, but actually, I dreamed that if I rode enough, that Randy would someday sing these lyrics to me ... I gave up riding before I ever heard those lyrics - because I decided I needed something more than sappy, country lyrics to get me through the next 50 years with him ... like legs, arms, a brain that functioned and my salvation. All things that I was afraid I would lose if I ever climbed back on one about 8 months ago! But I digress
Live Like You Were Dying - why did I choose this song?
What Hurts the Most - usually whatever hit first or bounced hardest.
Before He Cheats - anger helped me through the hardest part of most trails ... and I decided that a Louisville Slugger to his 4-wheel drive was a good idea ... really it had nothing to do with cheating, just with wanting to destroy Randy's 4-wheel drive.
Settlin' - well, I just like the song.
I Need You - As much as it makes me laugh right out loud as I type, I would get to this song and usually tear up ... because I'd been scared, well, outta my wits for lack of a more family-friendly phrase. And I would use this to help me remember that without Randy, I was never gettin' outta whatever we were in the middle of ... only a couple of times did the angry part of the ride last into this song and I realized, I Needed Him to NEVER PUT ME IN THAT SITUATION AGAIN!!!
How Do I Live - the ever-present quandary
Something's Gotta Give ... oh, yeah, like the side of his head when I got ahold of that Louisville Slugger if we didn't reach the end of the trail soon.
Better Life- sappy song to remind me of those poor days when we couldn't have afforded 4-wheelers ... oh for those wonderful days!
Must Be Doing Something Right- i needed to have happy thoughts of my husband about then ...
Come a Little Closer - sometimes I needed two songs to get me there.
Politically Uncorrect- I needed a little redneck to make it's way back into my mind
Mud On Your Tires - easier part of the trail coming on ... maybe it wasn't so bad afterall ... yeah, it was!
Alcohol - Another place and time in my life, it might have been the solution to the situation ... just kidding, don't send me hate mail! Okay, just kidding, mostly.
Tomorrow's Playlist ... Jeep Music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home