Monday, June 21, 2010

The interview ...

it had been a while since I sat knowing that my task was to convince someone I could function in a classroom.

Interviewing is, at best, an unnerving task.

But today I did just that. I took my 8 years removed from the working world self and put me on display. It was an interesting look back. From teaching english to Japanese kids (that really has to be my next blog!)... tutoring K through adults with learning disabilities @ the college ... middle school science and reading ... family literacy for pregnant and parenting teens ... and homeschooling.

It's been a ride.

Today though, I watched God take the pieces of what I once saw as a disjointed career and a dream lost and begin to restore them in a way that seems like it might just fill spaces that are shaped just for me.

He's placed amazing friends around me to encourage and cheer me on! Kids who are praying that I'll be their teacher just blows my mind! In fact, my biggest prayer has been that when the course load is given that it either remain the same or includes a precious girl that I don't want to feel left out. I would teach her class for free just to get my teaching hands around her heart. And told them as much today.

And a cooking class possibility? maybe? Really Lord, You would do that for me?

Now comes what I'm hoping will be a short wait. And some clarity for what will come next in this part of the journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home