Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some God Stories

just require ... no demand ... more words than I have time or emotional fortitude now. But belong here ... on this day ... because my heart requires it.

This picture shows just what this dear friend has been to me ... someone who continually draws me toward the cleft in the rock ... who overflows with the spirit of the Lord so tangibly that, quite literally, the space she occupies is just not the same when she leaves ... there are multiple God stories. But the very truth of her friendship is one of transparency, accountability, stories, questions, answers, Bible drills, prayers, laughter, tears, security, a thousand texts, a million words, comfortable silence and a sense of just knowing we belong in this place- together-for such a time as this.

I asked her to lunch because the Lord told me to ... I believe in our friendship because He orchestrated it. There has never been a day when we had to 'try' to be friends or attempt to find something to talk about. She sees things in me that I don't see in myself ... and I know I see things in her that she can't see yet. And yet there is this sense that there is more to come ... and we're both secretly excited to see what it will become.

Today as I listened to a Beth Moore CD she talked about relationships that the Lord protects you from ... and how sometimes you can just "not click" with someone ... and it can be for your own good. I don't know about you, but I've experienced that.

This friendship would be the exact opposite of that ... I believe He gave me this relationship to protect me from myself. To stretch me beyond the comfort of my gray sweatshirt and my feelings of inadequacy. To help me accept being loved. To help me recognize my own need for being treated with care. To call my bluff when I said it didn't matter ... even when I thought it didn't. I really don't know how someone can make so much difference in not quite two years, but she has ... and it proves that pinkie promises are for real!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home