Saturday, December 4, 2010

This matter of 'providence'

is an interesting topic. One in which we can find ourselves pondering over intently ... without direction on exactly what we want to accomplish ... or we can just wander aimlessly through days thinking our steps, decisions, condition, circumstances and past are all random acts having little or nothing to do one with the other.

But there have been a few times in my life when I have found that providence is the only explanation for the something good that came out of something so hard, becoming Romans 8:28 in my reality. And I just tell you- good is such a diluted word compared to what really came out of what was hard that it shows itself as an amazing God story.

I'm fixated on this God story idea because, well, I believe there is power in telling the things that He's done. The world is FULL-RUNNING OVER-INFATUATED with what the enemy is doing. He gets play time in the media all the time. And honestly, in my own life, there are seasons where I think my attitude, my conversations, my walk give the enemy far too much play time as well.

So in this advent season, I want to share some of the God stories. Because here's the deal- there are some big things that you have to believe that only God could do to really fully buy into the whole Christmas experience. A Virgin Birth? A baby is born 100% God, 100% man? Jesus is the Word made flesh? I have no idea where you get hung up in this God thing ... those three were not biggies to me. I remember drinking red kool-aid and eating little iced oatmeal cookies in 'Gramma Beale's Sunday School Class' when I was three and my world was crumbling around me ... and it never entered my mind to doubt those 'details' of God.

My hang ups have come in the details of me. Of my life. Of my sin. Of believing that He will really work all things together for my good. And so that's how I'm going to mark Advent. A personal journey through the evidences of God's great story in my life.

Since it's December 4th and I'm only just now getting started ... well, I'll have to catch up as I can ...

DECEMBER 1, 2010-
There have been few things that have rocked me to the very core the way that the Nov 27, 2007 post you'll have to sorta look for here ... the details are chronicled there ... but the heart of the story is this ... in 2004 - I miscarried. It was the hardest thing I'd ever faced at that time in my life. In this piece I tell of how hard Novembers can be ... but this November was different. The Lord gave me a new level of appreciation - knowing that there would be no AJ if there had not been a miscarriage. It is as simple and complicated as that. AJ is the perfect provision of a child for my life. God knew that. He had a plan. And the result is one that words can not capture, but that smirky grin melts my heart every time in meets my eyes ... and sometimes just as I catch a memory of it through the day.
                                                             ... providence ..
and mercy
to be continued ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home