Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today was full of opportunities

To trust Him.

I won't burden you with the details or the specifics because you have faced your own struggle today ... someone today received a terrible diagnosis at the doctor and faced difficult choices, someone faced a financial burden they didn't know how they would overcome, someone had to face a reality about their child that was painful, someone had to face confrontation that resurrected old hurts, someone faced a spouse who had cheated, someone faced their own rebellious past, someone faced a job loss, someone faced injury, someone faced ______________ ...

the details can be painful, but His call to us is all the same ...

will you trust Me with every detail of your life?

today I chose to trust Him because my vision is changing ...

you see, even several months ago, I was trying to do EVERYTHING on my own. I wanted to pray and then manipulate the circumstances to have a desired outcome ...

in my humanity today, I wanted to DO SOMETHING to fix these situations ... and in all 5 hard situations, there's nothing I can do to fix anything ...

He has to go before me ... He has to fix it ... He has to intercede

and maybe the lesson is right there ...

IS THERE ANY SITUATION IN WHICH I CAN REALLY DO ANYTHING??

I'm beginning to see this reality, everyday I get up, I walk in the way He directs and the circumstances are His ... and I really only have 2 choices ... and neither impacts the circumstance. Either I will act in my circumstance according to His Word, His Will, His Purpose, His Plan ... or I won't. Either way ... the circumstances are just what they are ... nothing more, nothing less.

But I am not in control. I am not in charge.

I can only be obedient or disobedient.

I think I thought that obedience meant my "want" had to change
I had to be "happy" about my circumstance
I had to embrace the difficulty ...

but today, I'm not sure that's true. I don't know how to want these things, be happy about them or embrace them ...
but I can trust that He can navigate the storms that seems so swift that I can hardly stand in the winds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home