Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What does it mean to be a lion chaser?

On Sunday one of the biggest things I took away from Scott's message on Becoming a Lion Chaser was the need to learn to run into situations which seem impossible. When you do it gives God a chance to show up and do God Stuff and He gets all the Glory for making the impossible happen.

Nice thought? I think so too. But unlike other times, this time, I really want to be the Lion Chaser. The thought resonated in my soul as the answer to my most deep :"what's next in my walk?" cries. So here are the principles for the 1st sermon in the series:

5 Principles When the Odds Seem Stacked Against You.

1. Seek God's Wisdom. James 1:5
2. Believe God Can. James 1:6, 7, 8 and Ps 77:19-20
     is this an obstacle or an opportunity for God to show His stuff!
3. Expect God's Help. I Samuel 17:47
                                  I Samuel 17:34-35 ... why will God come through?
           David was a Lion Chaser!
4. Do it God's way. Is. 55:89
     God's plan is seldom the obvious plan.
      My thoughts are not your thoughts.
5. Do it in God's Power. Ephesians 3:20-21


So this week I've been asked to

run toward the marriage I want God to create.
       I Believe God Can
run toward the relationship with Jesus I want.
       I Expect God's Help
run toward my dad.
       I'm counting on God's Power
run toward a long term goal that I'm not ready to commit to print.
       I will need God's Wisdom

And if I try to do any of them in a way other than God's way ... then really, what's the point in doing them anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home