Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Best Sleep ...

I wish I were talking about myself.
I am not.

But this morning, after not enough time in his bed, my son emerged saying, "Mom, I just had the best sleep I've had in forever!"

"Really Buddy? I'm so glad!"

I knew he had been IN BED long enough to get what he prefers which is 10 hours ... so I ventured in head first with a question.

"So why do you think you had such a great sleep?"

"Mom, exhaustion, knowing you did your best and winning are a great sleep combination."

wow ... of course they are ... so why hadn't I thought of that???

Exhaustion ... oh, I'm exhausted alright. But mostly it's mentally and spiritually.

Knowing you did your best ... I lay in bed night after night recounting all they things I should have done! Things I should have said to people ... things I should have done for them ... things I shouldn't have done ... things I shouldn't have said ... things I should have kept to myself ... things I should have shared ... meals that should have been cooked for others ... clothes that should have been washed ... have Randy's needs been met ... was I too harsh with AJ ... did I spend enough time with the Lord ... did I spend too much money ... THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON ... you get the picture.

Winning ... I go to bed feeling defeated by that incessant list every night ... I rarely lay my head down feeling like I've accomplished enough to earn my keep ... as a wife, as mom, as an employee, as a friend ...

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I'm not sure I will ever feel like I get it all done ... and all done well enough to 'earn my keep' ... but I need to learn to live in the truth that, His Grace is Sufficient. Period.



1 Comments:

At January 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Lorie said...

A very good word.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home