Thursday, July 28, 2011

Last Night I Needed

and I get caught up there.

I know I needed

but what was it?

I did know that when he came in the door and was dissatisfied with the meal that had come from the microwave because we are on day 14 without any stove top or oven ... I did not need that look.

The one that says, "I know I told you it would be okay no matter what you fixed but you and I both knew it was a lie."

I know that when my request was denied I did not handle rejection with grace.

I know that when I sat down to work on yet one more approach to study skills I felt my work the 4 days prior had been in vain.

I know that I trapped myself in the laundry room and folded clothes in silence and dark to just stay out of the line of fire.

I know I pretended not to hear when he called because I didn't have the energy to deal with whatever the request.

I know that when I lay my head down on the pillow it was so heavy ...

and then I heard the words ...

I know that you are for me ...

I know that you are for me ...

I know that you will never ...

forsake me in my weaknesses ...

Today, I needed

because I am weak.

a.n.d.

What I needed was Jesus.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home