Sunday, June 27, 2010

They read like that wonderful Maurice Sendak book ...

Where The Wild Things Are.

These things we call relationships.

Marriages, Parent/Child, Siblings, Extended Family, Intimate Friendships and Acquaintances alike require attention.

In my own life lately there's been some sailing in and out of days that has caused the monsters to roar their terrible roars and gnash their terrible teeth.

And honestly, I wish someone would send me to bed without any supper just because it would give me time to think!

But looking across my life the past few months I realize how chaotic things have become.

My husband is not being attended to the way he likes. Right or wrong- life goes better at my house when his needs are met. Part of my sailing in and out of days and doing some things I want has left me with a ... "let him fend for himself attitude". Hmmm ... God-honoring? I think not.

In the parent/child area- well AJ and I are doing pretty well. Communication is high and time is precious. We really do see ourselves as being on the same side of most issues ... and except for the fact that I hate when he wastes time watching the Suite Life of Zack and Cody ... I think he uses his time and resources pretty well for a 14 year old boy!

So ... maybe this is where I start to quell the roaring. Afterall, much of my house already resembles a jungle! It isn't really such a stretch to see Randy as one of the main characters!

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger LaDonna said...

Amy, I am certainly enjoying following you along this new journey that you're on! I think it's great that we're at this time in our lives together...He's calling and leading us both into new places, places that have been dreams we thought were lost, but He's giving them to us! Isn't He amazing? I pray you hear good news soon from your interview. Call if you want to chat! Or better yet, we should get together soon and talk about all this in person!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home