Monday, April 18, 2011

In the night

she sat with me in the dark.

There are just some things that are easier said in the dark. Even if you are in a place where shame, embarrassment and fear don't really exist.

The pain on the face that you love when the hard truth is spoken can just be too much to accept in full light.

But the test comes in the dark ...

listening for hours

through the silence

until enough words have been spoken

and the truth is discovered.

It takes time to find the truth sometimes.

Time that is precious.

Time that is invested in something greater

something greater than the immediate.

She crawled into bed next to me

and listened to my heart.

Then she pulled up the covers

and held my hand until I fell asleep.

I can't recall the last time

I felt like a little girl

and it was safe.

But it was.

He brought me to a place

where I could forgive.

She gave me a place to

try to make sense of it.

Knowing how important

words are to me.

Knowing the truth of the words

in Proverbs ...

A hope deferred

makes a heart sick ...

I needed to speak.

And in speaking

the walls began to tumble.

And His Spirit began to flow again.

My lungs filled with the breath

of hope from Heaven.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home