Friday, March 26, 2010

From the Esther study ...
even though I missed it the first time through ... oh, and in class ... and who knows, I might have even highlighted it (Janie has my book, I'm not sure of it, but I suspect it to be true!).What would be the reward of our existence if we were only repentant and never repaired. Oh ... my ... word -Or better yet, oh HIS Word.Here's the gift that He's given me over and over the past two weeks, in verses sent by text, verses in sermons, verses He leads me to in my quiet time ... Healing is what He wants too.Yesterday as I went through and looked at the list of characteristics of a dysfunctional family, I literally spread my arms, shrugged my shoulders and asked, "Of course my family fits! Do you remember the family I came from??"And a still, small voice said, "Yes, I do. Do you?"So I closed the book. It was too much question for me. Integrating the good with the bad makes things - messy. But today, I feel compelled to recount the good things about my family. Maybe here, later, but in my heart ... all day.Lord, While my memory is cloudy on so many areas of my life growing up ... is it just too hard to only remember the good?? Help me today to remember the good things about growing up in my family. If hard things come to mind too, help me know what to 'do' with those things so that I don't get bogged down in them. Thank you for your Faithfulness in the midst of my rebellious heart. Forgive me for it ... help me to turn away from that attitude. Thank you for all you've done to surround me with Your Word, by Your People.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home