Sunday, April 24, 2011

It is a humbling experience ...

to know that He has spoken to you ...

even if others around you don't quite buy it.

Today, I heard the same scripture come out of my Pastor Scott's mouth

That I heard the Lord speak to my heart ...

if I hadn't written it down,

I might not have believed it myself.

But I did.

I said something yesterday

that I need to hold on to ...

for me.

I'm going to do this with or without

anyone standing with me.

The sermon was on feet ...

and mine have a road to travel.

I tried to wash feet ...

what He taught me was that rejection hurts.

Especially when you are not trusted by someone

you have proven yourself to over and over again

I am far far from perfect

He is perfect

But as I realized how often I have

refused to sit at His feet

and allow Him to wash me clean

sometimes out of fear

sometimes out of pride

I realized my faithfulness doesn't compare ...

and yet the hurt has run deep.

A hard lesson

in the pain that lack of faith

causes the heart of the Savior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home