Saturday, May 14, 2011

Across the Space

he lays just inches away.

the expected as the years have passed

18 last month

the prized moment of the week

Saturday morning

no call to rush

a moment to just be

quiet

still

drink in his silhouette

as morning light

seeps over the darkness

the memory

of his arms around me

beckons me closer

offering respit

from cares

carried through the week

time to lay aside

while we lay still

recalling one another

as my eyes

trace the lines

framing his forehead

wondering which burden

created the one buried

deeply in the center

guessing the knife of doubt

defined it's path

he begins to stir

I close my eyes

wondering

faithfully

his arms surround me

in spite of the weak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home