Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pious Words

In the past few days I have been reminded of the importance of our words ... how they ought be significant ... how they ought not be pious ... how they ought be genuine ... how they ought be deliberate ... how they ought reflect in action what they sound like to the heart they land on ...

you know in all truth, I can live with someone who doesn't like me. Someone who doesn't value who I am. Someone who just doesn't get me.

but the times lately when the words someone spoke don't reflect what they say is in their heart ...

well, it is then that I get terribly hurt.

You see words mean a lot to me ...

and I count on them.

I am absolutely deliberate about what I say to people.

If I ever send you a letter, you can be sure I have spent hours pouring over what I will say ...
can I carry out what is in the words ... do my words reflect my intent ... rarely is an idle word spoken.

Last year I gave a letter in which I vowed to value the heart involved above my own.

I meant it.

I wrote Randy a letter at Christmas vowing to be better about trusting him.

I meant it.

I wrote letters at mother's day expressing my gratitude to those women I respect ...

I do.

Wavering  back and forth I can not even understand.

I love you, but I refuse to protect your heart.

seriously?

You are important to me ...

but I choose a variety of things before you.

it doesn't live up.

I can trust you ...

and yet you use the things you know hurt me to gain an advantage.

It just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make me feel treasured.

It doesn't make me feel safe ...

and I think we ought be very careful about the words we speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home