Monday, June 6, 2011

sometimes it isn't what I wanted ...

But then something unexpected happens!

I wanted today to go a particular way ... it didn't.

Today, I didn't want my way as much as I wanted God's way.

It doesn't always play out that I am patient ...

Sometimes I think I have to try harder

And until today -

I would linger on my disobedience if things didn't work the way I thought they were supposed to go.

Today in that moment that happens when women take the time to let God speak to them ...

as I took the time to let God speak to me through my friend

I realized that all I can do is my part.

I can't be the Holy Spirit for my son.

Or my husband.

Or my friends.

Or myself for that matter.

The Holy Spirit does the convicting.

I speak truth.

I make myself available

to be used up,

poured out

a vessel.

That's it.

Available.

Not responsible.

I lay it before the Lord.

I wait.

It's His job.

He's good at it.

I can be an obedient daughter.

Or I can be disobedient.

Today, I read a quote in When Women Say Yes to God ...

It went something like this ...

We should worry so much about how things will turn out when we are obedient

We should worry about what we will miss when we are disobedient!!

I don't want to miss any of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home